All during August, National Wellness Month focuses on self-care, managing stress and promoting healthy routines. Create wholesome habits in your lifestyle all month long and see how much better you feel!
Research has shown self-care helps manage stress and promotes happiness. Whether you challenge yourself to a new yoga pose or try a different spa treatment, make a small change and impact your health in positive ways.
When my health was severely affected several years ago, I used many methods, some that I continue to embrace and also teach. I can vouch for the effectiveness of these self-care techniques as they assisted me in dealing with symptoms I had from the past like anxiety, stress, migraine disease, trauma and PTSD, and the new symptoms that arose like fibromyalgia pain, weight gain, high blood pressure, insomnia, irritable bowel syndrome, menopausal symptoms, nightmares, and a few others.
As bad as that sounds, I will add, that by incorporating small changes with various methods, it led me to a happier, more peaceful, and more manageable life!
Don’t give up! There are numerous ways to make those small changes, too. I’ve been there and I know you can do it. If you can, just pick one method to start.
- Learn to meditate.
- Use practices like yoga nidra (guided rest meditation) and restorative yoga to recover from stress and anxiety and to nip it in the bud.
- Increase your water intake.
- Get a regular massage.
- Add more fruits and veggies to your meals.
- Monitor your sleep and make adjustments for better sleep habits
- Join a (gentle, yin, mat or chair) yoga, walking, or aerobics class.
- Venture out into nature.
- Find a reason to laugh, in fact, laugh for no reason!
- Create a self-care planner, see example here or try this 30 Day Self-Care Challenge.
These small steps can lead to many more healthy habits in your lifestyle. I know I am deeply grateful for my practices that help me navigate pain and my other symptoms.
What will you do?
I can help you to introduce you to some of these techniques so your daily life can benefit. I’m here to assist, just ask!
What I offer here with Peaceful Wellness in Private Sessions (in person or online via Zoom)
- Integral Sound Healing
- Mindfulness Meditation Instruction
- Labyrinth Walking Guided Meditation
- Mindfulness Coaching
- Accessing Inner Wisdom Coaching and Spiritual Direction
- Mindful Resilience with Deep Relaxation, Breath, Movement, and Guided Rest (yoga nidra)
What I offer Online and in Madison for groups
- Mindfulness and Meditation (both online and in Madison)
- Sound Baths (online and in Madison)
- Restorative Yoga (in Madison)
- Self-Study Courses and Meditation Teacher Training (online)
- Meditation Library of various kinds of meditations (online)
You must log in to post a comment.